Thursday, December 13, 2007

2 More Hours....

I am taking my countdown very seriously...Hawksbill is taking his last final exam as I type this and should be finished by 5. I cannot wait until he gets home in (hopefully) about 3 hours. Of course, I would feel better in two more hours if I didn't have to go to work next week, but alas, I do...oh, well...

I am trying very hard to enjoy today but it isn't working out very well. I worked all day yesterday but then put in another 2 hours last night before going to bed. I don't think dreaming about work counts as work hours, but that is all I had to dream about last night...only to wake up to emails that made me less than happy from coworkers who work very hard to avoid doing anything...I usually don't write about work and I try VERY hard to avoid the topic, but today happens to be my birthday and I really wanted to take today off and not work at all...so instead of baking a cake or cookies, I am yelling at the babies to stop climbing on top of the kitchen counter and jumping through the window leading to the funroom, cleaning up a full cup of hot cocoa that darling Gwen spilled all over the counter which had the really sweet birthday card from Hawksbill, my mom, plus a few new Christmas cards, trying to keep Gwen from formatting our hard drive (she is going to succeed one of these days, I can feel it!), and trying to get twenty hours of work done in less than eight hours so we might be able to go out to dinner tonight.

So, dear Simon and Gwen, I am sorry mommy is a crab today, but it isn't going exactly as planned...

Sorry for the whiny post. In general life is wonderful and I am thankful for everything, my babies, and Hawksbill...but I would really just like some sugar cookies and Indian food...or maybe Pizzapopolis (sp?) or some other incredibly comforting food :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Barb! Sending you some samosas, a little dahl and perhaps some naan bread through cyberspace. OK now you have ME craving Indian food! Hope the rest of your birthday was better

Barbnocity said...

Mmmmm...samosas!! Thanks for the bday wishes!! Hopefully we'll get Indian food soon...we settled for cheap pizza and cheesecake last night since we were all too tired to move after JD got home...but he is DONE until January!! Woo hoo!

:) Barb

Anonymous said...

Guys, thanks for your Christmas card, Simon & Gwen are too cute! They're really growing up, so's Alexandra is 48" tall, hard to believe. And speaking of Indian food, she and Reem took me to our local Indian restaurant, and Alexandra actually ate something that wasn't peanut butter or chicken noodle soup. mmmm, Indian food.

Barbnocity said...

Thanks, T! We got your card, too!
Happy belated birthday to you, btw!
We still haven't gotten our Indian food...maybe next week sometime...hmm...maybe Simon would try some...