Sunday, December 16, 2007

Who Ordered All This Snow?

The weatherman was right--we were buried in snow today...makes us wish that we had a working snowblower...poor Hawksbill shoveled it all by hand today while I tried to clean the inside of the house, so we are both exhausted now.

Hawksbill finished his final exam and papers (woo hoo!) and other than having to go in one day for his internship next week, he basically has the next 2-2.5 weeks off!! Woo hoo! Again! One more semester to go!!

We never ended up getting Indian food the other night...just cheap pizza and cheesecake...good enough for me. Maybe when things clear up a bit we can go out. We did all go out Friday night and see, Alvin and the Chipmunks, which was cute, not great, but what do you expect? I was suffering a bit of sticker shock, however, when the ticket bill came to $29 for two adults and two kids!! Geez!! It hardly seems worth it when you know you could buy the DVD in a few months for probably half that price.

Simon and Gwen decided they needed to tell jokes today...they usually start out with some standards and then make up their own. Gwen's favorite is, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" to which she always takes about 10 minutes to get out her answer, "Because he wanted to... because he getted to the other side!!!" This is followed by her repeating this joke 100 more times....Simon's favorite today was the classic, "What time is it when the elephant sits on the fence?" Which we all know the answer to...but then he starts making them up...so we get...
"Why did the chicken lay an egg?" "Because it had CHEESE in it!!"
"What time is it when an ant sits on a lego?" "Time to get the ant off the lego!"
"Why did the chicken cross the road?" "Because he was walking!!"
"Why did the chicken eat cheese?" Because he was a CHEESE chicken!!"

I don't know about their future in stand up, but they were certainly amused today. :)

3 comments:

John said...

I dunno ... I see a great future for Simon as a wisecracking Kraft Corporate Trainer! ;)

Hawksbill said...

Well, he does like cheese, that's for sure. Sometimes a "meal" for Simon is a bowl of shredded cheddar.

John said...

I'm with him all the way! Sometimes, I'll pull a big bag of pre-shredded cheese out of the fridge to sprinkle on a salad or a taco, and I'll just end up jamming fistful after fistful into my mouth, one after the other, until cheese is pouring over my face, cascading down the front of my shirt, snowflaking the filthy linoleum around my dirty, bare feet ...