Thursday, September 25, 2008

Costumes and Legos

We've been having fun with costumes lately. First, Simon and Gwen saved up their allowance to buy themselves some Power Rangers costumes. Not for Halloween though... just to have. They still want to be planets for Halloween. Still figuring out how that's going to work. Here they are:


Then, Grandma Karen sent them some impromptu gifts. Gwen got a new Fairy costume which suits her perfectly.



And Simon got a new Lego set from their Mission to Mars series. Here are the kids together with their new toys:



I had to leave for work right away after they opened their gifts, so I wasn't able to help Simon with the Legos. When I got home last night, though, it turned out that he didn't need any help at all. It took him a couple of hours, but he did the whole thing all by himself. First he sorted all the pieces into piles by color, then he followed the instructions step by step. Well done, young sir!

Thank you, Grandma Karen! The kids love their presents!!! :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

OK another kid wants to be a planet?? Well Sam wants to be the solar system -- and here's how I made it (or am in teh process of making it. I bought him a cheap black sweatsuit from Wal-Mart ($12) and he has a really bright yellow toque for the sun. Then I went to Michael's and bought their pre-colored styrofoam solar system. It's not a fancy one -- but the sizes are right and Sam is customizing them:) They were $20 but I had a 50% off coupon. I had Doug cut them in half and I am gluuing them to the sweatsuit. Then I bought a big tube of glow in the dark puffy paint and Sam is painting on stars, constellations and clusters:) He wanted to go as the galaxy M101 -- but we compromised.

Jenn

Hawksbill said...

That sounds like a great idea. Simon and Gwen are hoping to be just one planet each. I'm not sure if that makes it easier or harder than what you described. Simon wants to be Saturn and Gwen wants to be Venus.

So far I'm thinking that if we get some really big balloons and inflate them big enough, then we can rip up some newspaper and cover them with paper machet which we can then paint. I like the black sweat suit idea, though. I think we'll have to borrow that one!

Thanks! :)

Housefairy said...

They are adorable! They are getting cuter and older looking man o man

I am sorry i havent been on your blog in so long. Thank you for the supportive advice/listening the other night. Keep up the great work!