Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jedi Training

We went to Greenfield Village yesterday--braving the nice winter storm we had...but as soon as we found out that they would be having "Intergalactic Saturday" where you are supposed to dress up as your favorite Star Wars character, well, we just HAD to go. They had Jedi Training, lots of different types of storm troopers (don't ask me which is which--Simon knows them all--ask him.)

It was a pretty fun day hanging out with a couple of my siblings, their spouses, and our kids (except Hawksbill had to work yesterday). Simon was the only one in our group who dressed up (he's Han Solo, if you couldn't tell what his costume was). Gwen's Princess Leia costume from 2 Halloweens ago was not big enough (I couldn't find the hair anyway) so she went in her regular street clothes.

I would write more, but it was just a long day of standing in line to have the kids pictures taken with various Star Wars characters. I thought it would be more of a "geek fest" with grown ups all dressed up, but for the most part it was just younger children in Halloween costumes. We had a lot of fun, long lines and all. I would definitely do this again--but next time I will remember to have MY photo taken with Darth Vader. I can't believe I forgot to do that!!! Here is a small sampling of the photos we took yesterday...


R2D2 is THE coolest...


Simon taken prisoner...


Hanging out with the dark side...


Storm troopers just keep getting younger and younger...


Hanging out with the bad guys again...


Simon hanging out with the good guys...this is "Obi Quiett" Hey, I didn't make it up so don't groan at me!

No comments: