Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Snow Day!



Today, I experienced something that is rare for my work--A SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY!! Woo hoo!! Ok, so we did get about 8-10 inches of snow last night, but my work almost never closes. It would have been a more pleasant surprise had today been a day I work at work rather than work from home (and it would have been the ultimate of nice surprises if people from work weren't emailing me with stuff to do anyway) but at least I don't feel as guilty about putting off work until evening when I know no one is in the office.


I have to say, the above two photos of the trees and the snowman are actually from last week when we had a really good snowstorm of packing snow...last night's storm is summed up in the photo below--this was the lowest point on our driveway after Hawksbill took the snowblower to it this morning.


And, I am sure Hawksbill would agree, it would have been the best day ever if HIS school would have closed for today, but god forbid someone paying their tuition miss a single day of class -- no, we don't want to worry about public safety, the nasty drive and roads, but gosh darn it, if I am paying tuition, I better get every last dollar out of my professors even if it means car accidents and slipping and falling all over campus!

Although the snow is pretty, I can say I am officially OVER winter. We have had snow pretty much every week, seems like every other day, not to mention today is MARCH 5th!! And I am looking forward to spring. I heard that we are supposed to get a couple more inches of snow tonight, and more this weekend. I have to send out a big thank you to my sister who gave us her practically brand new snow blower since she has a snow service now. I didn't think we'd even use it this winter, but Hawksbill has put it to good use twice already.

And for my parents who spent 3 hours waiting on the runway in a plane waiting to fly to Florida last night, well, at least they are in Florida for a week instead of here with piles of wet, melting snow all over the place. I hope Spring gets here soon. I'd like to see some tulips, thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! We need a good snowball fight!! So jealous, as we have the AC on here in Texas. Ugh!