Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feeling Thankful

Happy Holidays everyone! Just a quick note to say I am thankful for this year. I know it isn't quite over yet, but it has been a good year for our family, and we are all pretty darn happy.

Hawksbill graduated from U of M with his MSW, I found a new half-time job that is turning out to be pretty fun, and Hawksbill will be starting another part-time job on Monday through one of his other part-time jobs. So between the two of us, we technically have 5 part-time jobs, but you gotta do what you gotta do in these times. It is nice to know between the two of us, we have enough skills to take on a variety of jobs, and we know if we have to, we will do anything to take care of our family.

We are thankful for our friends, old and new, and hope the season is treating them well. I had a wonderful birthday last week, and happy to report I will be a perfect square for this whole next year. Simon and Gwen are "growing like weeds" and have been having fun in our little homeschool.

If anyone is keeping track (and thanks for all of my grown-up friends last night for listening to my potty training woes) but for the record, Gwen is no closer to being potty trained than the day she was born. Yes, I know she will be 4 years old next month, but she promised when she turned 4, she will start going on the potty. I have to say, if this is my biggest worry or complaint in my life, then life is pretty good.

My family is healthy, we have a wedding to look forward to next year, we are plugging along and enjoying our lives. I just wanted to say thank you to all of our friends, and we are looking forward to seeing more of you over the holidays, and wish you all the very best!!

I also wanted to say Happy Holidays to the entire city of Detroit--it has been a crazy year, but I hope the new year will bring new prosperity to the city. I love Detroit and have worked there for more than 10 years now, and hope that others would come and visit the downtown and new center areas and see what the city has to offer.

Happy Holidays and Keep WARM!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post, Barb! I especially share your sentiment about the city of Detroit, having just gone through the trouble of moving back here ... It's got its problems, but it really does have a lot to offer!

Charm Bracelet said...

I love this House family portrait! Merry Christmas!!