Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gwen E. Bear


Happy Birthday, Gwen!! Today you are three and I cannot believe it! Where did this year go?

This week has been kind of a birthday week for Gwen. Last Friday she had her first haircut ever--she doesn't have a lot of hair, but it has finally reached the point where the knots where too much so she had a couple of inches cut off the bottom.

On Sunday, we took apart the crib (for the first time in 6 years--sniff sniff!!!) and put it in the basement and moved Gwen into a big girl bed. More specifically, MY old big girl bed. My dad bought this bed when I was 5 years old...I still remember coming home from kindergarten and seeing it and a new pink comforter in my room. Gwen's big girl bed, however, is covered in Hello Kitty.

This morning, Gwen woke up and we opened her presents before Hawksbill had to go to his internship. She is now the proud owner of an airplane, a green care bear, Max and Ruby beanie babies, and more clothes and toy jewelry.

We are making a green cake which will be frosted pink when it cools and then a Dora the Explorer cake topper if I can figure out how to put the thing together.

Happy 3rd birthday, little girl!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

3 comments:

John said...

Happy Birthday, Gwen!!!! :)

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Gwen. What I wouldn't give for those curls!

Housefairy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gwen!!!!!!!!!

three is a wonderful age of changes...enjoy it!

Love Joy Steve Greta Mickey Casey Charlie