Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Yay yay yay it is 2008!! Hawksbill, Simon and Gwen and I are having a really nice, lazy, relaxing vacation...I am sad to say today is my last day off and have to go back to work tomorrow, but Hawksbill really has one more week off (if you don't count Friday when he goes in for his internship one day--school starts up next week for him!)

Gwen woke up this morning and we told her, "Happy New Year, Gwen!" and she responded, "Thanks. Did our presents come?" Ha! Sorry, little one...you'll have to wait another 3.5 weeks until your birthday for that....

I am going to restart my *found money* counter at the beginning of the new year instead of in March like I said I would. I have been having so much fun with it that I figured I might as well begin the new year fresh. So, my 2007 total ended at $9.11 which is a little more than $1/month. I only found 1 bill ($1) so all of the rest was pennies, dimes, nickels and quarters--mostly pennies and dimes.

I found this article about other people doing the found money experiment so I am not the only geek in town! However, my money will be spent on Amazon.com since we just pooled our found money with our counter change jar and turned in the change for another e-certificate. I was hoping to buy another copy of my destroyed Tae Bo tape (laugh if you will, but Billy Blanks is my hero!) so I can start up another New Year's resolution that I was doing well with last year up until about 6 weeks ago when final exam, final paper crunch time exhaustion set in (yes, I know--I wasn't writing any papers), but since Hawksbill was studying every last minute and Gwen wants me to pick her up every time I try to put on an exercise tape, the whole exercise part of last year really fizzled during the most important time of the year! However, it appears the original Tae Bo that I want to buy is some weird collector's item now that they want at least $65 for an *acceptable* condition DVD!! No thanks! I guess we will buy something else and maybe I'll try ebay for my tape or just go to the Tae Bo website and buy some new set of DVD's and try something different. However, I really really liked my old tape...so we shall see.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year. I am looking forward to Hawksbill finishing school in about 4 months (yay!!!) and going camping this summer and just having a fresh start this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Happy and Prosperous 2008 to all of you there at STA! May you have shade from the sun, shelter from the rain, and much learning under that great old tree.

All the Nuts at TLN

Unknown said...

I didnt know you did Tae BO! I have so mnay info-mercial excersize videos that I have alwasy wondered about....do you like it? Was it fun? Hard? Did it "work"?

Barbnocity said...

Hi, Joy!

Yes, I love Tae-Bo--of all the tapes I have had, that one seems to work the best (and it is the one I am most willing to use!) I have Turbo Jam, Body of Steele, Pilates, etc...but Tae Bo is the one I used after Simon was born. I bought Turbo Jam after Gwen was born but I just got bored with it--but it wasn't bad...I really like using my tapes...it definitely helps

:) Barb