Friday, November 23, 2007

3 More Weeks

Hawksbill's classes end three weeks from yesterday and I cannot wait. I think we are both stressed to the gills for various reasons (mostly work and school, obviously) so when he finishes his classes this term, we will be sooo happy to have a week break (almost 2 weeks for him) after he finishes this semester.

We are packing this Thanksgiving Weekend with too much, too, but that's life, right? We drove to Grand Rapids for Thanksgiving dinner with Hawksbill's dad, then back again last night. Today his friends are all sitting in the *dining table room* as the kids call it playing board games and drinking a lot :) so the kids and I went to my sister's house for a second Thanksgiving dinner today (her turkey didn't thaw yesterday, so she made it today) and then I did some Christmas shopping (yes, I went to the mall--I really don't mind the psychotic shoppers as long as I don't have to drag anyone along with me). Tomorrow we will go to a German restaurant to celebrate my cousins', A and H's, 70th wedding anniversary. Yes, they are my cousins (I think they are my 1st cousins twice removed if I have figured that out correctly) and YES, they have been married 70 years. I think at this point they are just staying together for the kids ;)

I heard my cousin, A, however, was in a car accident this week (yes, he is in his 90's and still drives) so he may be wearing a neck brace tomorrow. I am just thankful the accident wasn't worse than it was.

I believe Hawksbill and I (or maybe just Hawksbill) have plans tomorrow night. Then Sunday is my sister, A's, birthday but Tuesday is my parents' anniversary, so usually there is some birthday/anniversary mixed party so I imagine something will be going on Sunday, too. I know Hawksbill has too many papers to do something Sunday, so it will probably be just the kids and me going somewhere on Sunday.

But, the most important news of all, my absolute most favorite pizza place in the universe, Vendetti's Pizza, now renamed, Vendetti's Spanky House, has reopened after over two years of being closed for relocation purposes. The pizza place was originally located at 23 Mile and Mound Roads right behind the Ford (and later the Visteon) plant that I believe has since closed. The new store was supposed to open at 24 Mile and Van Dyke, but for some reason the new store location wasn't being built fast enough, so they settled on a store on Van Dyke closer to 26 Mile Road. I have to say, this place was the one reason I would visit my parents' house weekly. Their Spanky sub sandwich, which consists of a specially made pepperoni roll just packed with real pepperoni, their spaghetti meat sauce, and (I would have to estimate) a full 2 cups of mozzarellas cheese on one sub, well, my mouth is watering as I type this. It is pure heaven. It rocks...I would eat them every day if I could, but I don't think I could justify the mileage on my car right now in order to do this.

I wanted to go to the grand opening the week of Halloween, however, my brother said he tried to order something that week and was told it would be a 3-hour wait. And then, the first week they sold so much food, they had to close down for 3 days to reorganize...apparently a lot of people had been awaiting the second coming of the Spanky. I patiently waited until last week Sunday to purchase my first Spanky in 2 and a half years, and I tell you, it did not disappoint. I will be back.

I am tired just typing this now....tomorrow will be another busy day and I really really cannot wait until our break in 3 weeks. Until next time....

No comments: