Sunday, November 25, 2007

Let's Zopp!

I was just browsing around on the geek and found Zopp! I've been trying to figure out what I want for Christmas and this just might be it! Here's a video of it in action. It is kind of pricey, but damn, it looks like fun! It also looks like a great dexterity game for both kids and adults.



Also, I found these lists of games for kids:

Playing "real" games with 5/6 year olds

Games that Daughter the Elder will trade bedtime books to play

EDIT:
Taking the advice of one of these lists, I introduced Simon to Carcassonne yesterday. He took to it pretty quickly, but we did simplify the rules a bit. We only scored the roads, cities and monasteries and we didn't score anything after the last tile was played. I won, but only by two points. He was very excited to play a game that daddy plays with "the guys."

1 comment:

Hawksbill said...

Woo hoo! My lovely bride suggested we get this for each other as a family xmas present. It turns out she loves Air Hockey and Zopp looks like a turn-based version of that.

So, we ordered it yesterday and got free shipping. So, the next time we have a gaming day... we shall Zopp!