Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So sad...

Yesterday I was digging through my jewelry box to find a bracelet when I noticed my small gray box containing my grandmother's pearls was missing. Gone. Disappeared. I ripped apart my room, Gwen's room, anywhere I could possibly think of, but I can't find them. On top of this, I am trying to remember the last time I saw them in there--was it a week ago? A month? Two months? I am not 100% sure the last time I saw them, but I know they were there this summer.

My dad had these pearls strung into a choker and bracelet and bought me a pair of matching earrings for my wedding day. I hardly ever wear them, but still hoped to someday pass them on to Gwen. I don't know what they are worth, but the sentimental value to me is priceless and I am so sad. I know the jewelry, in theory, could be replaced, but not my attachment to the ones that belonged to my grandma who died a little over a year before Hawksbill and I were married.

It seems there are only a few possible explanations: 1) I put them somewhere to keep them safe and forgot where they are 2) They were accidentally thrown away somehow, or 3) they were stolen (but by whom and why take this one box as it appears nothing else is missing??)

I know that a million worse things could have happened to me yesterday, but I am still really blue about this.

No comments: